Android CorvusMod 3.2a1 for Wetab (IN ENGLISH)
There is a little permissions error that will be fixed in next version. By now, when we try to connect to a wifi network, it timeout waiting for a ip. To fix it:
1) Wait for Android to boot, plug a keyboard and press Alt+F1
2) Exec “chmod 777 /system/etc/dhcpcd/*” without “‘s
This will fix the problem.
I spend a month trying to get Android working and stable in the wetab. This is what i get for now:
Touch screen with multitouch
SD and USB is mounted in /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/USB
Xbox 360 and PS3 pads may work (but not tested)
Camera (only for photo and no preview, but taking photos works)
Camera for video
THIS IS AN APLHA VERSION, SO I DONT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY IF YOU BROKE YOUR WETAB. I DID ALL THIS STEPS IN MY WETAB AND ALL WORKS. ANYWAY YOU CAN ALLWAYS GET BACK TO FACTORY STATE WITH THE RECOVERY STICK (I WILL NOT EXPLAIN HOW). READ THE FULL POST BEFORE DO ANYTHING IN YOUR TABLET…
1 usb stick
Unetbootin (search in google)
Gparted Live (search in google)
This two files: http://min.us/mbhEZZLozN
A mouse for Gparted Live
1) Install Plop to boot from USB (Search in forums for a howto). Here is one in spanish that you can translate with google http://www.forotablets.com/showthread.php/1869-Configurar-la-tablet-para-arrancar-de-USB
2) With Unetbootin put Gparted in the stick
3) Plug power, keyboard and stick in the tablet and with Plop boot from usb.
4) Once booted, make a partition with gparted at the end of the disk (search google for a howto). Mine is ext3, and 2Gb of size.
5) Once done, switch off the wetab and put Android image in the stick with unetbootin. It will ask something… reply yes to all.
6) With plop we boot again from usb. Once booted we can try the live image (not default, try the second option) or go directly to install (last option)
7) Android install starts. It ask for the destination partition. Select the las one (the sda one with highest number, probably sda4).
8) To format, reply yes, using ext3. To install grub reply yes, and reply yes too to /system in read/write. Once done it restart using menu.
9) Once rebooted, it start with grub menu and only two lines for boot android. Boot android to test all work ok. First time it can last 10 minutes.
10) If all works ok, we have android working. We will config Grub for boot WetabOS.
1) Boot android, and once booted, press Alt+F1.
2) Run this:
mount -t ext3 /dev/block/sdaX /mnt/asec (la X de sdaX corresponde con el numero de particion donde habeis instalado android, posiblemente sda4) vi /mnt/asec/grub/menu.lst
In menu.lst you will see the 2 android lines. At the end write this:
title Wetab Os root (hd0,0) kernel /extlinux/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3 ro title Plop root (hd0,0) kernel /extlinux/plpbt.img
3)Once modified menu.lst, restart and we will get 4 lines, 2 for android, 1 for WetabOS and one for Plop. We can use front button to go down and start (short press moves selection down, long press run selected)
You have dual boot with android. Soon Triple boot…😛
Thanks to Android X86 people and Xyzzy in wetab-community.